Kamis, 20 Desember 2012

Entrepreneurs on Their Favorite Gifts

We asked business owners to describe their most cherished present--and one thing they're hoping for this year.

Case of Handpicked Wine
Cost: $750 

My wife and I received a case of wine from a group of friends after our wedding, in 2008. One friend, a sommelier, selected a bottle for each month of the coming year, including rich, hearty reds for winter and crisp whites for summer. Each bottle included a note with details on the wine and a personal message. Talk about a gift that keeps on giving.

What I Want This Year: A year's worth of credits for Uber's car service

--Scott Belsky, co-founder and CEO of Behance

Cabela's Advanced Anglers Underwater Camera
Cost: $450

I love fishing in Costa Rica, the Florida Keys, or upstate New York, where I have a vacation house. This camera gives me an underwater view of where the fish are hiding. I've used it at least a dozen times since my daughters gave it to me last Christmas. It's been a huge help.

What I Want This Year: Hickies, the new elastic lacing system for sneakers

--Daymond John, co-founder and CEO of FUBU and judge on ABC's Shark Tank

Luxe City Guides
Cost: $9.99 each

My business partner, Hayley Barna, and I give each other "no reason" gifts. After our company expanded to Europe, she surprised me with a set of Luxe City Guides for London, Paris, and Barcelona. Each one fits in my purse and contains a wealth of information. They came in very handy during a recent solo trip to Europe.

What I Want This Year: Hang-gliding lessons

--Katia Beauchamp, co-founder of Birchbox

Piaget Possession Ring
Cost: $2,300

I screen every product that goes on Fab.com, and I have strong opinions, so it's pretty hard to get me a present. My fiancé surprised me with this white-gold ring in August after asking a bunch of people for advice. It looks like a simple white-gold band, but it's actually one ring on top of the other. It makes me feel like I'm carrying around a little secret.

What I Want This Year: An original work of art by Andy Warhol

--Bradford Shellhammer, co-founder and chief design officer of Fab.com

Qlocktwo Clock
Cost: $1,100

A group of friends recently gave this clock to me as a housewarming present. It's a practical piece of art that tells time using words instead of numbers. When I see it, I am always reminded of time's importance. It helps me remain efficient and make the most of my day.

What I Want This Year: A trip to Rwanda with my daughter, Taylor, to see the gorillas

—Charlie Chanaratsopon, founder and CEO of Charming Charlie


Nadine HeintzJudith Ohikuare and 20 Dec, 2012


-
Source: http://feeds.inc.com/~r/home/updates/~3/Flq1N3vDxd8/story01.htm
--
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com